I have officially gotten over 100 pages into the second draft with editing/rewriting! That’s over one-quarter of the way through! It’s a really good feeling. Now it’s time to start looking for an agent. That should be fun. Am I planning too far ahead? I might be.
In other news, it looks like today is the biggest day for my WordPress! I have no idea why. Still, I have over 30 views and over 15 likes for the day, so something must have caught somebody’s attention. And it’s not even the high point of a WordPress day! What a strange set of events today has been.
In further news, Daniel Parsons is now following me on Twitter. That is also interesting! I don’t know how he found me. I don’t even use Twitter that often. I have less than a hundred followers. But it’s still super awesome!! Now if I can just convince Neil Gaiman…
And just yesterday I was really bummed out with writing. Now it’s like I’ve turned 180 degrees and started flying! And I actually feel like I’m getting somewhere with the book I’m writing. That’s by far the best feeling out of all the ones I have today.
For those who don’t know, “Halverron” is a word from Sospéke, the language I’m constructing for the Dark Veil Saga. Check it out on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr!
Apologies for not posting a blog for some time. I have been amassing a Twitter following, starting with 17 but sure to burst till its full power is reached. Soon this budding author shall have armies of hundreds in Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, Middle Earth…! All right, maybe not that last one. As the Christmas season nears, I think it’s been the first one in a long time that I’ve been single for the holidays. But there are perks to that as well as deep sadness of the memories of girlfriends past. So let me share with you all that!
- Con: I don’t have a significant other to buy a gift for.
- Pro: I don’t have a significant other to buy a gift for! Huzzah for stingy people!
- Con: No-one to kiss under the mistletoe. (Not that I ever actually did that, as I don’t care where I kiss someone should I do so.)
- Pro: Bah, who am I kidding. I never did it anyway. And besides, if I wanted to, I’m no longer limited to one. 😉
- Con: No legitimate possible snuggle partners.
- Pro: Ha-ha! Now I have the blankets all to myself. You won’t even be able to see me under this cozy awesomeness.
- Con: I don’t get as much of a kick out of romantic love songs.
- Pro: I’m no longer waiting for them. Now I like ALL THE SONGS! “Frosty the snowman, was a jolly happy soul…”
- Con: I have no legitimate excuse to run away from everyone else to do a one-on-one talk.
- Pro: People still totally understand when you randomly disappear recovering from lost love. Or just leave for any reason. People are tiring for an introvert! And you now have more time to enjoy the holiday with family!
May you all have excellent holidays ahead of you! Merry, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, A very festive Kwanzaa to those that celebrate, and Happy Holidays to all the rest! And, of course, a Happy New Year to boot! This is my blog, and so until Christmas is over, I sign off! God bless!
I don’t even know what I’m doing, but apparently I somehow got a record amount of views from not even posting a blog. That was totally awesome. You guys are awesome! (I use guys as a collective term, you ladies are guys in my mind, too. I refer to males as dudes.)
So I decided in my happiness to make a blog about happiness, and the random things that make me happy. These are not tiered, they’re just a list.
- Jesus lizards (because running on water is cool)
- Jesus (as I don’t think its a problem to be proud of your religion, as long as you’re not a punk about it! 🙂 )
- Munchkin cats
- The Internet
- Gory Horror Movies (c-c-combo breaker!)
- Fire!! 😀
- Friends who try to understand even if they don’t fully
- Cheese sauce (I PUT IT ON EVERYTHING)
- did I mention Christmas?
- More fire! 😀
- Bonfires (separate, I swear)
- Food in general
And that’s about all I can think of off the top of my head right now. Ending on a very strange note, I have come up with a super-new creature for the novel (see the Facebook for more info) called Togs and Froads. Yes, they do look like frogs and toads, but I also mixed in a little fantasy and a little chameleon too. So they can perch on shoulders, have longer tails, and can camouflage. Seems good to me! And have some weird as heck noises that they make. What are your opinions?!
Good evening, my friends! Be excellent to each other!