This is only barely related to the blog at all. But, as my niece is currently reading through “The Hobbit”, I decided I would do it. So in the spirit of Bilbo Baggins, let us do a game of riddles! So, here are five riddles for the day. Tomorrow at this same time I will answer them. Some are easy. Some… not so much.
Let us begin.
1. What’s smaller than one, greater than five and more than both? (American audiences may get this one faster.)
2. Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly?
3. What is always coming but never arrives? (The answer is not your spouse.)
4. Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time, in the same month and year and yet they’re not twins. How can this be?
And now for the strangest one of all. Probably not the hardest, but thes strangest.
5. Two children, who were all tangled up in their reckoning of the days of the week, paused on their way to school to straighten matters out. “When the day after tomorrow is yesterday,” said Priscilla, “then ‘today’ will be as far from Sunday as that day was which was ‘today’ when the day before yesterday was tomorrow!”
On which day of the week did this puzzling prattle occur?
Give me your answers in the comments!
3 thoughts on “My Box of Riddles”
Playing fair (no Googling!), I know a couple:
2) is ‘incorrectly’, haha.
5) is Wednesday.
(OR IS IT? i.e. am i right?!)
1. Dime – shouldn’t have given the hint, would have made it harder
2. Previous comment
3. The future?